Braid House Update
It goes without saying that this has been a testing time for all of us as we learn to get to grips with the Coronavirus and lockdown but it is also with a great sense of pride that Braid House continues to support our clients and carers through this difficult period.
We might not be open to receive clients in the centre, but our services continue, just in different ways and a few of them are highlighted below:
- Many of you will be receiving our daily meal service and a massive thank you to all the kitchen staff who have stepped up to the mark and are now producing 200 meals every day!
- Transport and drivers are delivering these right across West Lothian and for some, it is also a welcomed social interaction during the day
- Our telephone support team is very busy contacting you at home and giving as much support as they can
- We have a dedicated 1:1 service offering home visits to those at most need
- Our internet support/activity group is going from strength to strength
- We are offering a shopping service along with activity packs which are delivered directly to your door
All the staff have been fully committed to supporting all of our clients and their carers through this challenging period and I would like to thank them all for their dedication and hard work, they really are unseen heroes in my eyes.
Please stay well and stay safe and hopefully it won't be too long until are together again in Braid House.
CEO Braid House Day Centre